The internet has grown rapidly and so have the risks associated with it. One of the biggest risks every website owner faces is hacking and malware attacks. While most WordPress websites have in-built security plugins, sometimes they may not be enough to protect your website. That’s why a solid Security Plugin is essential. Below is a hand-picked list of the top 10 WordPress security plugins you can use to keep your website safe in 2021.
MalCare is a solid security plugin. It is very popular for Malware Protection. This security plugin is able to give your website complete protection from hacking. Lots of web developers love this plugin. It is a very fast security plugin to protect your website against malware. Its scanning technology is very fast which will never slow down your website. This security plugin easily detects any type of complex malware.
- Super-fast security plugin.
- Complete website management modules offer better security.
- Does not interfere with the speed and performance of the website.
- Cloud based malware scanning.
- Intelligent website plugin firewall.
- Instantly fix hacked website.
- One-click malware removal option.
- Offers unlimited malware cleanups.
- Guarantee 100% protection.
The price of Malware security starts from $99 per year. It offers 3 plans for its users. You have to renew each of the plan every year. They are given below.
- Personal for one website– $99/yr.
- Small Business for 5 websites – $259/yr.
- Developers for 20 websites – $599/yr.
They also offer another plan called Agency Plus. Here you can use the Malware Protection Plugin on more than 20 websites. You have to talk to them personally to buy this plan.
Defender always provides you the best web security. This is a truly promising security plugin. According to WordPress statistics, it has been downloaded more than one million times. You can also download its free version. The free version provides a fairly good range of security coverage. You get this firewall with IP blocking for no cost.
- Impressive 2-factor authentication through google.
- Dangerous IP blocking system.
- Login screen masking.
- Lock the fraud login attempts.
- There are arrangements to block specific location IPs.
- Keep websites away from spam.
- Security systems are updated regularly.
- Prevents PHP execution.
- Super-fast Antivirus scanner.
- Provides unlimited file scans.
You can upgrade your free membership to pro. If you buy defender pro, you will get the full WordPress security for $5/month. If you want to buy a backup pack with security, you have to pay $7.5/month. For WPMU DEV Membership, you should pay $15.83/month. You can save a bit by buying these yearly packages.
The above prices are only applicable for one site. If you want to buy the packages for more than one site, you have to spend more money.
This security plugin is very popular with those who do business online. This will give you complete control over your website. You will get a detailed description of each security related situation. You will get a detailed notification for everything like email alerts, errors, antivirus update, security scans, outdated code, etc. Moreover, you will find a beautiful guide related post-hacking scenario.
- Prevent your website from malware attacks.
- Provides default email alerts.
- Provides guidelines on post-hack scenario.
- Protect your website from hackers, DDoS and black lists.
- It has own firewall integration.
- Security scanner works like a remote tool. So, it easily can identify all kinds of threat.
Sucuri offers 3 types of plan for your website security. These plans are not lifetime plans. You need to renew your package license every year.No matter which plan you buy, it will only provide security on one website. And if you want to add security to multiple sites, you need to contact their team for details.
- Basic for one website– $199.99/yr.
- Provides every 12 hours malware scan frequency.
- Pro – $299.99/yr.
- Provides every 6 hours malware scan frequency.
- SSL certificate support.
- Business – $499.99/yr.
- Provides every 30 minutes malware scan frequency.
- SSL certificate support.
iThemes Security Pro
iThemes is a both free and paid security for WordPress website. All of the interfaces of this security are very easy to use. Its force system is very amazing. It does not have any shortcomings in the security settings. In the free version, you will get force strong password, SSL on every page. And you can change the WordPress database. And the pro version has many premium features. In a word, the complete safety package will be handed over to you.
- Initially, if there is any weakness, iThemes fixes it first.
- Sync the database all the time.
- Block suspicious IPs immediately.
- Stop dictionary hacks with blue force detection.
- 2-factor authentication supported.
- WordPress backups are scheduled.
- Email alerts.
- SSL certificate support.
- reCAPTCHA integration enabled.
Anyone can use the free version of iThemes security. The free version is good enough. However, if someone needs an advanced level feature, he can shift to the pro version. You will find three different pro packages here.
- Blogger for one website– $80/yr.
- Small Business for 10 websites – $127/yr.
- Gold for unlimited websites – $199/yr.
Plugin updates and ticket support will be turned off if you do not renew your package every year.
Jetpack is one of the most popular website securities. Its performance is great not only in terms of security but also in terms of speed. It is often seen that the website works slowly, when the website security plugin is installed. But Jetpack is not like that at all. Like the name, its speed is like a jet. It is very good for website security and provides computer solutions.
- Super-fast speed, compared to other security plugin.
- Brute force attack protection.
- Offering downtime and uptime monitoring.
- Including auto real-time backup.
- Easy restores system.
- Secure sign on feature.
- Offers automatic spam protection.
- Offers regular plugin update. So, this can provide protection against new types of malware attacks easily.
- Single click site restores option.
Jetpack offers free plan for those who don’t want to spend money. However, the features provided in the premium plan will take the security of your website to another level. So, in the case of Jetpack users, everyone is recommended to update the premium plan. Jetpack offers monthly security plan.Let’s take a look at them.
- Backup Daily – $4.7/month.
- Security Daily (Most Recommended) – $11.97/ month.
- Security Real-Time – $33.57/ month.
The more expensive the package, the better the security features.
This security plugin is one of the great solutions to keep your website safe from malware attacks. It is considered a user-friendly tool for websites since 2012. It uses wpvulndb.com which is known as a vulnerability database. Using this database can target vulnerabilities easily. It is almost like a black box scanner. So, it cannot access the source code. It attacks direct antivirus or malware based on information. And this system is pretty impressive.
- It is an open-source tool.
- Checks every pinpoint security issue.
- Its database wpvulndb.com is updated regularly. So, any type of new attack can be easily identified.
- Performs automatic scans.
- Scan WordPress core, plugins, and themes
- Contains spam and email alerts.
- User-friendly interface.
- Directly attacks the incoming threat.
The main plus point of this security is, it is completely free to use. Its free version has all features to protect your website. Even then you can take it if you are looking for a paid version for your big website. The paid version starts around $2.31. You have to pay this amount every month.
It is one of the best free security plugins. It has so many amazing features. These features will help you a lot to protect your WordPress website at free of cost. It is considered to be the leader of the WordPress security plugin. Its automatic scanning tool scan everything on your website like core files, theme and plugin files regularly. The free version also off the bots of your site. These features are found in premium versions of other security plugins.
- Scan malware automatically.
- Works as a firewall.
- Offers fast and secure user experience.
- Free version comes with lot of premium features.
- Your lost file can be repaired.
- Real-time user monitoring system.
- Can be used the free version at multiple sites.
- Force you to create a strong password.
- Does not use cloud-based server.
In this security plan you will see a slightly different type of pricing plan. It is a free security plan. But for shifting premium plan, you have to pay $99/year per license. There is a point here. If you buy a license for a website you will have to spend $99.
However, if you want to buy a license for more than one website, you can buy it at a discount.In the case of discounts, they offer a minimum of 10% and a maximum of 25%.
There are many people who are looking for a very complex and advanced level security plugin. Bulletproof security is a suitable tool for them. It is a very cool WordPress security plugin. You will get login protection, data backup, email notifications and so many features. It is a great malware scanner and firewall. If you want, you can use the free version on the Unlimited website. And the paid version of it provides you with almost double the features.
- Easy to setup.
- Automatic malware scanning and firewall.
- Backup your data and restore whenever you want.
- Email alerts.
- Provide login protection.
- Maintenance mode available.
- It comes with ARQ IDPS.
- Offer cURL scan and folder locking system.
- Hiding option for plugin folders.
It provides the best value among all the security plugins. It has only one plan. You will get the premium plan for unlimited website for lifetime only at $69.95. You don’t need any yearly or monthly subscription. You can also use its free version.
All In One WP Security & Firewall
All in one WP security is a free and versatile plugin. It makes your website more harden with malware and vulnerability scanning. Moreover, it provides you spam protection, user monitoring, login protection and so many. Basically, it provides a wide range of security for your website. The interface of this security plugin comes with grading system. Having this system allows you to easily manage the security plugin on your website.
- Scan malware and vulnerability.
- Offers protection from spam comments.
- Offers strong login protection.
- Backup your data.
- Database restores option available.
- To block specific people and URL, it has IP blocking feature.
- Monitor user account.
- Keeps Suspicious IP address in the blacklist.
- Doesn’t allow to copy front-end text.
- Provide regular updates.
- Block brute force login attacks instantly.
It is surprising that All in one WP security & firewall is 100% free security plugin. It will really surprise you that you will get many premium features in this free security plugin. Though this plugin is completely free, it does not compromise the security of your website.
Selecting the perfect security plugin for your website can be difficult. Different plugins have their own pros and cons and a head-to-head comparison may not answer all your questions. However, if you have a good understanding of your needs, selecting the right plugin will be easy. Just decide on your budget and buy one.