Backlinks are truly the backbone of a website’s SEO performance. A good number of quality backlinks results in higher page ranking, better keyword ranking, and increased domain authority. Backlink analysis tools help to check the quality and quantity of backlinks. You can use these tools to even analyze the backlinks of your rival websites. Below are the top 11 backlink checker tools to check the backlinks associated with your website.
Majestic SEO has a number of tools to assist webmasters. Its backlink checker crawls the web itself rather than relying on third-party results. It can be used to find backlinks pointing to your own or a competitor’s site, as well as the number of referring domains and IPs.
Backlink checker by Majestic SEO provides trust and strength metrics at both URL and domain levels. Link Strength metrics display the strength of a web page depending on the number of links to and from other sites in the web graph. Trust scores, like Majestic Trust Flow, measures the study to give preference to links from human-curated pages.
- Citation Flow
- Visibility Flow
- Link context visualization and analysis
- Backlink history and anchor text charts.
- Backlink language analysis
- Follow/NoFollow counts
- Number of outbound links
- LITE – $49.99 Monthly.
- PRO – $99.99 Monthly.
- API – $399.99 Monthly.
Ubersuggest is the best tool for monitoring a website’s backlink profile. The analysis report shows the domain ranking, which calculates the strength of the website on a scale of 1 to 100. It gives comprehensive data on the total links and the accurate number of unique referring domains.
The advanced filters of the Ubersuggest tool make the task of finding the best link opportunities a breeze. You can specify whether you just want to see no-follow or do-follow links. Export the results to CSV once you’ve calibrated them.
- Restrict the results to one backlink per domain.
- Provides details on the total number of backlinks along with data on nofollow links.
- The number of .gov and .edu domains linking to the website.
- ‘Backlinks over time’ growth chart.
- Overview on new and lost follow and no-follow backlinks.
- Source page title and date on which the backlink was first and last identified and detected by Ubersuggest robots.
Ubersuggest has both free and paid versions with a 7-day free trial service.
- Individual: $12 USD/ month
- Business: $20 USD/ month
- Enterprise/Agency: $40 USD/ month
Linkody is a powerful backlink analysis tool that shows how the backlinks are distributed across crucial metrics. The dashboard is easy to understand, and the swift interface makes navigation through the database easy.
Linkody empowers you to conduct thorough research on your competitors. You can even track and monitor the backlinks 24/7. The tool allows you to monitor landing pages for 404 errors to avoid losing any link juice.
- Email notifications when the website gains or loses links.
- Disavow tool to identify toxic backlinks and remove them.
- Set up daily email alerts on the website’s link profile’s performance.
- Multi-user support.
- Know the status of the Google index of the website backlinks.
- Access to Moz metrics and instantly locate the link on the source page with link visualizer.
- Connect Linkody with more data sources like Ahrefs and Google Analytics.
- Add tags, notes, filters to the dashboard for searching the links.
- Export Excel and PDF reports.
- Webmaster: 14.90 $ per month
- Advanced: 24.90 $ per month
- Pro: 49.90 $ per month
- Agency: 99.90 $ per month
- Agency XL: 153.90 $ per month
- Webmaster: 11.20 $ per month
- Advanced: 18.70 $ per month
- Pro: 37.40 $ per month
- Agency: 74.90 $ per month
- Agency XL: 115.40 $ per month
Linkody offers a 30-day free trial period, and the yearly subscription comes with a 3-months free period.
Ahrefs is one of the most accurate backlink checker tools. It will give you a high-level rundown of the chosen domain, and you can dig deeper to see a lot of backlink information. You may obtain all link information as well as a percentage breakdown of anchor text pointing to your page.
The engine is very popular, and the backlink index is updated with fresh data every 15 minutes. When looking at your competitors’ backlinks, you can sort them by “Link type” to find domains you want to target. Ahrefs saves time and effort if your website is witnessing a declining SEO.
- Backlink anchor text
- Check the backlink popularity with domain rating and URL rating feature.
- A number of referring domains along with an interactive view to track the decline and growth of backlink profiles.
- Powerful filters for a complete breakdown of the target’s backlink profile.
- See how much organic traffic each linking page and referring domain receives.
- Ahrefs rank
- ‘Best by Links’ report to review your competitors’ most linked-to pages and find the “link-worthy” pages.
- Disavow link spam
Ahrefs has free and paid versions.
- Lite: 7 days for $7, after that, $99 / month.
- Standard: 7 days for $7, after that, $179 / month
LinkMiner is a backlink checker tool from Mangools. To see things like a site’s total backlinks and top referring domains, use it in combination with Mangools’ SiteProfiler. They’ve also integrated the Majestic historic and fresh indexes, making them one of the best backlink checker tools available.
One convenient feature is the option to ‘favorite’ backlinks. This helps to build a roster of competitors’ backlinks to target. The tool is designed to analyze backlink data by offering various metrics, embedded link previews, filters, and link saving options.
- Embedded website preview.
- Take a look at the backlinks based on their type (Blogs, forum, Q&A)
- Look at the strength of the link.
- Access to Mangools’ tools like LinkMiner, KWFinder, SERPWatcher, and SiteProfiler.
- “Load more” and Pagination feature
- Filter the links by nofollow, removed/deleted, new, and lost.
10 days free trial service.
- Basic: $29.90 per month
- Premium: $39.90 per month
- Agency: $79.90 per month
The Link Explorer tool is part of Moz Pro. Link Explorer can generate a comprehensive link profile for your site, comparable with up to four competitors’ profiles. This allows you to discover what your rivals are doing differently than you.
It also includes a useful tool called Link Intersect, which depicts which sites link to your rivals but not to you. These are excellent spots to aim for link building. The tool offers information on the lost backlinks, enabling you to replace them. The tool is useful for performing audits and effectively communicates link metrics and site strength to the prospects.
- Monitor and review inbound links
- Research and compare the makeup of rivalry backlinks
- Backlinks’ Spam Score.
- Find and fix broken links
- Domain authority checker
- Easily analyze the anchor text
Moz Pro starts at $99 per month ($79 per month if charged annually). However, there is a 30-day free trial offer also.
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a feature of the search giant’s Webmaster Tools. Under the “Search Traffic” section of the Search Console, look for “Links to Your Site.” There, you’ll find the total number of links to your site, as well as the most linked content, the most linked pages, and the anchor text used. Google Search Console assists in resolving indexing issues that may have hindered sites from locating and linking to your website.
- Analyze which websites link to yours and how the location of your search result affects your links.
- Understand how your website’s rating affects the amount of backlinks it receives.
- View the top 1,000 results.
- Extracts low-quality backlinks from the list.
Google Search Console is absolutely free to use.
SEMrush has a massive backlink database that is updated regularly. This continuous update allows you to accurately check the backlink details for your website as well as of your competitors.
SEMrush is best for generating domain summaries and high-level backlink reports. They include a number of tables and graphs that outline the backlink profile by industry, region, top-level domain, attribute, type, anchor, and authority score.
- Backlink comparison tool
- Intuitive chart on new and lost backlinks with date
- Links geolocation
- Check the kind of backlink and sort them to understand their nature
- Filter out results & track the link building progress
- Backlink history
- Pro – $99.95/month
- Guru – $191.62/month
- Business – $374.95/month
- Pro – $119.95/month
- Guru – $229.95/month
- Business – $449.95/month
Backlink Watch was created for the sole purpose of spying on competitors. It provides overall details that help in the analysis of a website’s backlinks and devise backlinking strategies. You may also segregate links based on whether the links are dofollow or nofollow.
Multiple checks, on-site links and collected data can be done in a structured datasheet. External backlinks, keywords, raw reports, referring domains, rank reports, and other tabs are available in each report.
- Check the page rank for backlinks
- Identify all the external links with no-follow tag
- Anchor text information
- Total number of outbound links
- Filter the results
Backlink Watch is totally free to use.
BuzzSumo is one backlink analysis tool that allows you to check both domains and keywords. You will see the top-ranking pages for particular keywords and look at the links that point to that page. It’s a fantastic resource for content ideas and can also help with your backlink strategy. You’ll be notified when new links are added, allowing you to keep track of who is linking to your website and develop relationships with those sites.
- Filter backlinks from the last 24 hours to the last 5 years.
- Track which pages are shared the most.
- Check how the content is performing as a result of backlinks
- Search for different domains and check who is linking to those websites.
Free trial for 30 days.
- Monthly: $99 / month
- Annually: $79 / month
You will start earning more backlinks for your company once you know how to check backlinks for your website. The best backlink checker will provide you with useful information that you can use to increase the number of links to your website. Use these tools to keep track of your own link profile and understand the link opportunities with your rivals to help you achieve your SEO goals.